Job Posting - OSCC
Executive Director Job Description
At OSCC, we owe our success to the efficiency of our organizational processes. To help maintain and grow this standard, we’re seeking a team player and an experienced Executive Director to guide the organization’s culture and direct communication to reinforce OSCC’s objective and motivate leadership team. An ideal candidate will work closely with the Board of Directors to develop strategic and operational plans, programs, and processes. Additionally, you’ll display a proven ability to develop and maintain an environment of trust, diversity, and inclusion within your team in support of our organizational mission, vision and values. Your ultimate responsibility is to increase OSCC’s operational efficiency.
Objectives of this Role
- Supervise the organization’s administration and strategy
- Build the organization’s leadership team by hiring for key roles and training employees to carry our vision
- Work with the Board of Directors as a team to govern overall business activities and relationships
- Assess the efficiency of our business practices and design strategic improvements to OSCC procedures
- Lead an upcoming Capital Campaign in raising funds from individuals, businesses, private foundations, or government to meet community and organizational goals.
- Serve as OSCC spokesperson, maintain public relations, provide effective communications in order to gain access with the press, and local leaders to fulfill our mission and objectives.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to identify, create and implement strategic plans to actualize business objectives
- Identify potential sources of investment by working with the Financial Manager, the boards Financial Committee to develop and monitor the organization’s annual budget.
- Team up with our Community Outreach Coordinator to organize fundraising efforts
- Work with the Board of Directors and staff members to identify and oversee grant writing
- Identify, recruit, train and supervise a talented team of employees who can lead critical departments and manage strategic business functions
- Monitor organizations operations and ensure employees and business practices comply with regulatory and legal requirements
- Develop the organizational culture, promote transparency and collaboration throughout OSCC
- Represent OSCC at social and corporate events in ways that strengthen our position in the community and communicate the organizations message.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business administration, or related field
- 3 years of experience with Nonprofit organizations
- Experienced in Capital Campaign and fundraising ideas
- Strong budget development and oversight skills
- Exceptional public engagement and communication skills required
- Earning trust, handling confidential information, getting things done with limited resources
- Demonstrated skill in writing training, policies, procedures etc.
- Passion for and ability to convey the mission and vision of OSCC to a diverse group of volunteers, participants, and donors
Salary and Benefits Package
- This is a fulltime position which requires some evenings and weekends and travel. Salary and benefits will be negotiated prior to hire and based upon experience.
Please mail Resume to Wally Hamlin c/o Oswegoland Senior & Community Center, 3525 US Highway 34, Oswego, IL 60543. Or email Resume to email@example.com.