OSCC Job Posting
Lighthouse Day Respite
Oswegoland Seniors, Inc. is a 501c3, d/b/a Oswegoland Senior and Community Center (OSCC). The mission of OSCC is to promote the well-being of our Senior Community – improve their quality of life and extend independent living – by fully integrating the whole community.
Lighthouse Day Respite at the Oswegoland Senior and Community Center is a social model program for participants experiencing mild to moderate memory loss, but who can interact, use the restroom and eat without physical assistance. The goal of Lighthouse Day Respite is for the participants to gain social interaction, explore continued interests and improve their quality of life. By delivering this model at an active Community Center, we hope to partner Lighthouse participants with volunteer /class participants to help them achieve individual goals of socialization, creativity and/or physical activity outside of the contained Lighthouse space, while maintaining safety.
Lighthouse Day Respite is run Monday – Thursday, 9am – 1pm. Working in collaboration with OSCC staff and Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor volunteers on the Board of Directors, this exceptional individual will provide leadership in the coordination, implementation and evaluation of OSCC Lighthouse Day Respite program. The Program Coordinator will handle all intact paperwork, coordinate the curriculum based on the individual clients, work with the caregiver to set goals as well as run the daily operations of Lighthouse with the assistance of volunteers. The Program Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director and works closely with all other OSCC Staff and key Board Members as outlined above.
• Screen and discuss policies of enrollment for each potential participant and determine if the client is a good fit for our program.
• Effectively coordinate and communicate the enrollment/admittance process for all participants and discuss and set participant goals with caregivers.
• Management of the planning and implementation of programs, including overseeing the policies, procedures, and volunteers involved in the program.
• Coordinate and implement daily schedule for each participant.
• Provide feedback and communication on a regular basis with caregiver.
• Keep data and records of all participants and actively update goals and paperwork based on clients’ advancements or changes in behavior.
• Determine if a client is no longer able to participate in the program.
• Oversee marketing and outreach to the community about Lighthouse Day Respite.
• Preference of post-secondary degree in related field. Significant work experience considered in lieu of degree.
• Comprehensive grasp of oral and written communications of all kinds
• Ability to work well independently on several projects concurrently
• Scheduled work hours are Monday – Thursday, 9am-1pm with additional hours as needed
To apply, please send email resume to Michele Bergeron, Executive Director at Oswegoland Senior and Community Center – email@example.com. Resumes are due by 3.1.2024