The Oswego Senior Center has multiple opportunities for volunteerism, for all ages, individuals and groups throughout the year. If you are interested in volunteering, please call Ruth Mattson for an interview, 630-554-5602, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current positions available:
- Fundraising Coordinators:
- World Wear Project – OSC collects used, gently worn shoes for people in developing countries. The coordinator will sort and package up shoes, maintain contact arrange with World Wear Project to coordinate shipments, and deliver shoes to Goodwill. Call Pat at 630-554-5602 for more information.
- Vehicles for Wrinkles – Coordinate the donations of vehicles with the Center Manager. Call 630-554-5602 and speak to Pat for more information.
- Kitchen Volunteers – Help us prep food, drinks, and snacks, serve food and/or clean-up. Volunteers must be able to work with others in a fast-paced environment and must complete a food sanitation class provided by Oswego Senior Center. Lunch (Mondays/Thursdays, 9-11:30am/11:30am-2pm)
Time commitment: Once a week, 2.5 hours
Volunteer Age: 14+
- Volunteer Transportation Coordinator – Recruit and train new drivers. Schedule and take bus for regular maintenance.
Time commitment: 5/hrs a month
Volunteer Age: 30+
- Volunteer Bus Driver – Drive our 12 passenger bus to pick up participants for our lunch program, go shopping or go on day trips. Drivers need to competent, friendly, and at ease with driving on the highway and in the city. Volunteers will need to go through a training program prior to driving the bus.
Time commitment: 3 hours/week (lunch program Monday or Thursday); or 4 hours/week (Wednesday Shopping); or up to 8/hours- (day trip- Fridays)
Volunteer Age: 30+
- Bingo Caller – Call bingo after congregate lunch Mondays & Thursdays from 1 to 2pm
- Special Events Help:
- Talent Show: Wednesday, August 2 (afternoon set-up crew; serving during event; tear-down crew)
- Kids Younger than 14
- Make crafts or cards at home and drop off at the senior center for distribution.