The Oswego Senior Center has multiple opportunities for volunteerism, for all ages, individuals and groups throughout the year. If you are interested in volunteering, please call Ruth Mattson for an interview, 630-554-5602, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current positions available:
- Fundraising Coordinators:
- Vehicles for Wrinkles – Coordinate the donations of vehicles with the Center Manager. Call 630-554-5602 and speak to Pat for more information.
- Kitchen Volunteers – Help us prep food, drinks, and snacks, serve food and/or clean-up. Volunteers must be able to work with others in a fast-paced environment and must complete a food sanitation class provided by Oswego Senior Center. Lunch (Mondays/Thursdays, 9-11:30am/11:30am-2pm; Wednesdays beginning in October)
Time commitment: Once a week, 2.5 hours
Volunteer Age: 14+
- Volunteer Bus Driver – Drive our 12 passenger bus to pick up participants for our lunch program, go shopping or go on day trips. Drivers need to competent, friendly, and at ease with driving on the highway and in the city. Volunteers will need to go through a training program prior to driving the bus.
Time commitment: 3 hours/week (lunch program Monday or Thursday); or 4 hours/week (Wednesday Shopping); or up to 8/hours- (day trip- Fridays)
Volunteer Age: 30+
- Bingo Caller – Call bingo after congregate lunch Mondays & Thursdays from 1 to 2pm
- Special Events Help:
- Harvest Moon Hoedown – Friday, September 15 (afternoon set-up crew; serving during event; tear-down crew)
- Kids Younger than 14
- Make crafts or cards at home and drop off at the senior center for distribution.