There are transportation services available for seniors that provide a safe and cost effective way to maintain your independence and to be able to continue to get around the community and even to some outside of Kendall County doctor appointments.
Please research private companies to compare prices and service.
Kendall Area Transit (KAT):
109 W. Ridge St., Room 002, Yorkville, IL 60560
Open to all Kendall county residents, must complete application and register prior to first use. Call 2-6 days in advance for most rides. Call KAT with any question. Applications can be found on-line or by calling KAT.
Fares (one way)
- $3.00 curb-to-curb or $5.00 door-to-door.
- For destinations outside of the county, an additional $2.00 fee will be added.
- Seniors (60 years of age and older) receive a $1.00 off all fares.
*Please note KAT only transports registered riders to designated locations outside of Kendall County.
Hours of Service
- Bus services: Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. till 6:00 p.m. with last scheduled reservation at 5:30 p.m. (except holidays).
- Reservation office hours are 8:00 a.m. till 3:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday (except holidays).
*When scheduling trips, priority will be given to those with disabilities and to senior citizens.
- Kendall Cab: 630-546-1290, com (offers senior discount)
- Efficient Taxi: 630-880-TAXI (8294), effiecienttaxi.com/cities/oswego/
- Montgomery Cab: 630-844-9778, montgomerycab.com
Do you have other transportation needs? email@example.com