This page is dedicated to keeping seniors and their families aware of the various resources available, including:
Senior Housing Resources – Looking for area Independent Living, Assisted Living, Supportive Living (subsidized Assisted Living), Memory Care, or Long Term Care? Email for list of local housing, email@example.com
Resources to Remain at Home – Are you 65? Do you own your home? Have you applied for your Senior Homestead Exemption? Do you qualify for a Senior Assessment Freeze? Links to Kendall County info:
LIHEAP (Limited Income Heat and Energy Assistance Program): Kendall-Grundy Community Action: http://www.kendallhealth.org/community-action/liheap/ or 630-553-9100
Need help at home? You or your spouse may qualify for subsidized homecare, contact Senior Services Associates, Inc. for free in-home assessment for government subsidized programs– homemaker, adult day service, home delivered meals, emergency home response unit: Senior Services Associates, Inc.: http://seniorservicesassoc.org/
- Oswego Senior Center Congregate Lunch Program: Mondays & Thursdays
156 E Washington
Oswego, IL 60543
Call to make a reservation by the 10am the business day prior to the lunch. Ages 60+, suggested donation of $5.
For more information or help applying for any of these programs or for more information, please call or see Sandy or Marc at Oswego Senior Center, 630-554-5602.
Notary Service – Do you need a Notary? Contact Pat Feeley for an appointment, firstname.lastname@example.org
Scams and Schemes – HANG UP THE PHONE! DELETE EMAILS! It is OK to hang up the phone on anyone asking you for money, your social security number, to pay bail or bond, etc.
DO NOT SEND MONEY via WESTERN UNION or via other means including gift cards to people you don’t know. DO NOT SEND MONEY for a foreign lottery.
Call your local police for help with harassing or scam calls, letters and emails.
911 for emergency
Kendall County Sherriff: 630-553-5856 or 630-553-5700
Illinois Attorney General Consumer Fraud Hotlines
Senior Fraud Helpline
ID Theft Hotline
Illinois Attorney General Charitable Trust: 312-814-2595 – Call before you give to a charity.
Illinois Attorney General General Health Care Helpline: 877-305-5145
Elder Abuse, Neglect or Exploitation
If you suspect elder abuse (emotional, physical, or sexual), neglect, or financial exploitation by a caregiver of an elderly person, please call Senior Services Associates, Inc. to explore the situation. Help is available, please report.
- Senior Services, Inc.- 24-Hour Emergency Phone: (800) 942-1724
Office: (630) 897-4035
If you suspect elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation, you can also call the Illinois elder abuse hotline/reporting number.
- 1-800-252-8966 (Toll free in Illinois – Voice & TTY)
- Outside of Illinois 217-524-6911 or 1-800-677-1116 (Eldercare Locator)
- After Hours Hotline 1-800-279-0400
- E-mail: email@example.com
Illinois State Police Crimes Against Seniors Program: 217-557-6148
Illinois Better Business Bureau: 312-832-0500
Ombudsman Program – An Ombudsman is a Swedish word meaning “citizen’s representative”. A Long Term Care Ombudsman is an advocate who seeks to resolve complaints on behalf of people who receive long term care services. They strive to protect and promote the rights and quality of life for those who reside in long term care facilities. Ombudsman services are confidential and free. Contact Senior Services, Inc. (630) 897-4035
Legal Assistance – Prairie State Legal Services: 1024 West Main, St. Charles, IL 60174; Telephone: (630) 232-9415 and (800) 942-4612; FAX: (630) 232-9402 http://www.pslegal.org/
Veterans – Are you a Veteran or are you a spouse or widowed spouse of a veteran? Call Kendall County Veteran Assistance Commission for information on Veteran’s Benefits, 630-553-8354. Or see Olivia at the Oswego Senior Center lunch on the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month! www.co.kendall.il.us/veteransassistance
Veteran’s Breakfast: $5, 1st Tuesday of the month, RSVP, 630-554-5602 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rush-Copley Medical Center, 2000 Ogden Ave., Aurora, IL (630) 978-6200
- Presence Medical Center, 1325 N Highland Ave, Aurora IL (630) 859-2222
- Edward Hospital, 801 Washington St., Naperville, IL 630-527-3000
Linden Oaks: Behavioral Health, Eating Disorders
Local Emergency Centers
- Rush-Copley: 1100 W. Veterans Pkwy., Yorkville, IL 60560; 630-466-8200
Immediate Care and Urgent Care
- Rush-Copley: 1100 West Veterans Parkway, Yorkville, IL 60560, 630-466-8200 http://www.rushcopley.com/locations/location-profile/?id=327
- Edward-Elmhurst Health Center: Orchard Rd. & Rt. 34; 6701 US Highway 34 Oswego, IL 60543; 630-646-4200 https://www.eehealth.org/locations/oswego/edward-elmhurst-health-center-oswego
- Dreyer Medical Clinic, 80 Templeton Drive, Oswego, IL 630-554-3456
- VNA Clinic, 400 N Highland Ave, Aurora IL 630-978-2532
Appointments and walk-ins accepted
- Heart Institute, 2088 Ogden Ave., Aurora, IL 630-723-3490
- Edward-Elmhurst Health Center, 801 Washington St., Naperville, IL 630-527-3000
- Rush-Copley, 2000 Ogden Ave., Aurora, IL 630-978-6200
- Stonehill Dental, 60 Main St., Oswego, IL 630-554-7725
- Oswego Commons Family Dental, 630-636-6819
Suicide Prevention – Suicide Prevention Services of America Lifeline. Call 24/7. 1-800-273-8255 http://www.spsamerica.org/
- Gateway Foundation, 400 Mercy Ln., Aurora, IL (877) 505-4673
- Breaking Free, 120 Gale St., Aurora, IL 630-897-1003
- AA (Alcoholics Anonymous): 630-729-0038; email@example.com
- NA (Narcotics Anonymous): Helpline: (800) 539-0475
Gambler’s Anonymous, 1-800-GAMBLER; Thursday, 7:00-8:00 PM
Wheatland Salem Church, 1217 Wolf Road, Oswego, IL 60543
Closed Meeting, call first
Opt Out: 1-888-567-8688
Call to opt out of receiving pre-screened credit card offers
National Do Not Call: 1-888-382-1222 www.donotcall.gov